Buyer asking for refund for a service

chain217
Contributor
Contributor

I am a freelance game developer and I have this client who was not satisfied with my work and issued a refund. The game was finished for almost 2 weeks now and just now, the client made a dispute asking for a full refund. All objectives were met as per our deal. His complaint was that the service I provided different from what I said and that I did a 'useless job'. Said the game was defective when in fact it was just fine. I did not bother resolving the issue with this client as it really **bleep** me off. I escalated the issue to PayPal and sent our conversation and proof along with the game link in Play Store so they could see that the game is working just fine.

My questions :
1) In such cases where a dispute was made for a service, is PayPal likely to favor the buyer or the seller? When no physical item / tracking is involved
2) How long will it take to resolve this issue as my PayPal currently has negative balance because of this

This is such a hassle for me. I'd be **bleep** if PayPal favors the buyer and charges my PayPal account the whole balance. I have already invested time and effort for the work. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

@chain217, We're sorry to hear you've been running into some disputes with your recent sales. We want to help out as much as we can with every transaction that processes through our system. However, we may not be able to offer our Seller Protection for every transaction you receive. Here's a link to one of our Help Center articles I think may help you out in the future: https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-seller-protection-policy-and-what-items-aren...

In regards to your negative balance, we just ask you resolve that at your earliest convenience. If your balance is taken negative while a withdrawal is still pending, PayPal may reverse that withdrawal to make your balance positive. However, we'll always notify you via email if we were to do so. I hope this information helps out, feel free to contact our Customer Service if you have any more questions or concerns that need answered. Just click "Help & Contact", then "Contact us", and then "Call us" to give us a call. Have a great day and thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Cheers,

Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

chain217
Contributor
Contributor

Estimated resolution date is a month and 3 days from now. What the **bleep** is this. Buyer is obviously a **bleep**. Someone from PayPal respond to this. It is already the holidays and I can't get this issue out of my head, it ticks me of real bad!!

Login to Me Too

Papito_
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like PayPal is now favoring the buyer more on digital goods not like before where its usually favored to the seller.

I am also offering a service and recently for the last 3 months i've been getting a lot of dispute cases and they are all getting favored to the buyer even when it is clear that the service has been already been rendered to the buyer. 

Good luck with your case.

Login to Me Too

chain217
Contributor
Contributor

As I currently have negative balance, will PayPal reverse my withdrawals and debit my credit card to pay off the negative balance? Can they do that?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

@chain217, We're sorry to hear you've been running into some disputes with your recent sales. We want to help out as much as we can with every transaction that processes through our system. However, we may not be able to offer our Seller Protection for every transaction you receive. Here's a link to one of our Help Center articles I think may help you out in the future: https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-seller-protection-policy-and-what-items-aren...

In regards to your negative balance, we just ask you resolve that at your earliest convenience. If your balance is taken negative while a withdrawal is still pending, PayPal may reverse that withdrawal to make your balance positive. However, we'll always notify you via email if we were to do so. I hope this information helps out, feel free to contact our Customer Service if you have any more questions or concerns that need answered. Just click "Help & Contact", then "Contact us", and then "Call us" to give us a call. Have a great day and thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Cheers,

Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.