Buyer asking for a refund on Paypal after Ebay rejecting claim

Gral07
Contributor
Contributor

a buyer has purchased an item on ebay and asked for a return stating that they did not like the item. As I am a private seller Ebay closed the request as I do not offer returns for this reason. The buyer has now opened a case with Paypal with a different reason for return. The new reason for return is that the item is not as described in the listing. The buyer has changed the reason for the return request and will not give any more detail which I have asked for several times, the buyer has now escalated the case. In an email from Paypal it states that I may have to issue a refund and may not get the item back, this concerns me if I dispute the case. The item is exactly as described in the listing and the buyer has changed the reason for requesting a return. Can anyone explain why I might lose the item if I dispute the return request which Ebay have already dismissed.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gral07 

Normally a buyer is expected to return the item as long as they have not proved it is FAKE and you respond to the dispute process.

However paypals return policy has changed recently as regards buyers paying the cost of the return so your best bet is to go and read up on the latest policy updates in case you are asked to provide a return shipping label for the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gral07
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the response, and advice I will respond to the dispute as I mentioned before the buyer has changed the reason for asking for the return since ebay closed the case., do you know if this will be taken into account and does the buyer have to prove their claim. As I have asked several times and they are just saying it does not work which I know it does.  I suspect its more the case that they do not know how to use it properly, which is not my fault. Its like buying a car and then taking it back because you cant drive. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.