Buyer asked for refund after the package signed 5 months Should PayPal do so

-Pigeonlord-
Contributor
Contributor

I sold some clothes on a 2nd-hand market on 02/23/21. I asked the money request on PayPal, got paid and sent the parcel by DHL ASAP. I sent the tracking number to the buyer through that 2nd-hand market message system on the day I sent the parcel. A few days before (08/11/21), the buyer sent me a case on PayPal and said she didn't received anything and wanted a refund. As it's been over 5 months, the DHL website cannot find this tracking number. So, I contacted the delivery company and they helped me find out the delivery sheet and the status. It shows it WAS signed on March 5th. The buyer did not ever contact me one word during this 5-month period of time. I afforded the whole extremely expensive shipping fee for this parcel and she wanted all the refund, which is not fair. The buyer’s request is UNREASONABLE at all.  She didn’t receive anything so she should ask help from DHL ASAP but obviously she didn’t. She intentionally waited for 5 months (after the tracking number is expired) and suddenly asked for a refund. 

I offered all the delivery sheet and tracking status to PayPal and they still made refund to the buyer. I think this is NOT fair to the seller. PayPal said "As your shipper failed to complete delivery as intended, your buyer is due a refund. We recommend working directly with your shipper in an effort to obtain recovery for this loss. " But DHL refused to deal with my report becaused it's been too long. DHL only deals with lost parcels within 1 months after delivered. It’s possible that the buyer is scamming and bullying me. I appealed to deal with the case again. What could I do to win this case?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.