Buyer after refund

Liamp25
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold an item on ebay. The buyer said he didn't receive the item so he's contacted paypal to get a refund. 

Yodel sent me a message when the parcel got delivered, plus on the tracking information you can see it's been delivered, it was also required a signature. 

There an investigation at yodel now, the deliver driver needs to be interviewed. 

Where do i go from here? I have proof that the item was delivered, is this enough for paypal or will i lose the money?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liamp25

Not sure why they would if you can provide a tracking number but if they do then it would be between you and the buyer to sort things out ie ? small claims court?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liamp25

If you have trackable proof of DELIVERY of the item to the buyers paypal registered address then you should win.

You should then assist the buyer with the delivery company.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Liamp25
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes i can provide the proof the item was delivered.

If paypal does give him a refund despite all the evidence, what can i do to get my money back?

Cheers 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Liamp25

Not sure why they would if you can provide a tracking number but if they do then it would be between you and the buyer to sort things out ie ? small claims court?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Valerieeee
Contributor
Contributor
Something similar happend to me. Just make sure you reply to paypals emails in a timely manner during the dispute. If you dont, the other person might win. Also, provide tracking number and photos of the delivery message. The more you send them showing proof, the quicker the claim is settled.
Login to Me Too

Liamp25
Contributor
Contributor

Glad you managed to get yours sorted. I have replied to paypal, offered to give them the tracking number and show them the message but im still waiting to hear back from paypal... 

Thanks for your reply. 

Login to Me Too

wendy1011

Same thing happened to me. Buyer is a scam artist and received the item. She actually admitted this in an email. But when I asked her to drop the dispute she answered ' she deserved the item and the refund'. I can't believe PayPal let her get away with this. What is next, small claims court?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.