Buyer address unknown by post office?

tinkytinks
New Community Member
I have shipped an item to a buyer using the address on file with ebay and paypal. The item has been sitting at the buyers local post office for days now. The address on file does not exist or the post office cannot deliver to it. The buyer has not responded to me. What can I do? If the item is sent back to me I’ll be charged even more fees for return shipping then have to refund the buyer. Does ebay or paypal return your fees for such cases? This is clearly not my fault, i shipped to the address on file. What should i do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Randolfus
New Community Member

Hi, it seems you did not get any community help with this. I have a similar issue...buyer's address on Ebay and Paypal does not exist on the Post Office or shipping agent address databases. No response from buyer when asked to clarify address. What's more curious is that the buyer's name is the same as with someone in a different town where there happens to be a street with the same name as the buyer has registered on Ebay and Paypal, but the postcode look-up shows no streets of this name in the town given in the buyers' registered details. A mistake (quite a major one) or attempted identity theft? If there is a real person with the name being used to buy from me on Ebay, they could be oblivious to what is happening using their name. I don't want negative feedback for failing to deliver and proof of posting only has the house number and postcode. How can someone have registered on Ebay/Paypal with a false address? If I issue a refund/cancel the transaction, is my address given to the buyer, who could be a fraudster? Finally, is there a telephone number for Paypal customer services?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.