Buyer added tracking to a return dispute but hasn't actually shipped the item yet.

Katinka01
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a record player to someone from france about 3 months back. A month after arrival the buyer claims that it's broken and wants me to pay him a portion of the asking price instead of returning the item. I disagree saying that it wasn't broken when I shipped the item and that it's weird that he is only making a claim now after 4 weeks. Paypal says the buyer will need to return the record player and that once it has been returned he'll get refunded. I agree and wait for the seller to add tracking. On the very last day that the seller can dd tracking he adds a tracking number for a label that is destined for a package that weighs 2 kilos which is about 5 times less than what the record players weighs, and not only that he has yet to actually use the label it has now been 4 days and he hasn't shipped anything yet. Paypal wants me to respond by 18 november but the only thing I can do is say that I have received the item which is obviously not going to happen however I fear that if I do nothing to the dispute (which is my only option apart from saying I received the item) paypal is just going to refund the buyer and close the claim leaving me without my record player and without the money. I can't call or contact paypal right now as it's currently the weekend, dies anyone know what I can do ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Katinka01 

If the buyer does not provide a tracking number then you should win.

However your best bet is to inform customer services of non receipt of the item AND the parcels weight issues etc.

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.