Buyer abuse?

Ally11236
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, a buyer filed a claim yesterday about an “unauthorized transaction” regarding an item I sold to them last month, which delivered successfully. I was confused at first because This has not happened to me before. I didn’t know what to do so I attached some photos of the tracking information and our ebay transaction, but today, paypal emailed me saying that the claim was in the buyers favor. My account balance is now negative. I have tried contacting PayPal, but because of COVID-19, I haven’t been able to reach anyone. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ShinChanity
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Ally11236

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a Buyer Complaint Investigation there is an "Appeal" button available in the Resolution Center.

Please be sure to leave detailed notes for the appeal.
In the Resolution Center located on the Account Overview page, you will see the complaint case in the 'Closed Disputes' section. The 'Appeal' button will be available for 10 days after the complaint case is closed.

By going to the Complaint Details page for this case (clicking on the 'Details' link in the Resolution Center), you will be provided instructions on how to resolve this case, including whether it is an email-based process.

Hope this helps. Kudos will be much appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Ally11236 thank you for bringing this up to our attention. I suggest please contact us directly by sending a private message along with the Case Id,a customer service will better assist you. We can file an appeal if you are saying that you have proof that it was delivered to the customer's address. That way we can disprove the buyer's claim that it wasn't authorized. The CSR will provide you directions on how to submit or upload the documents for your appeal. Once appeal has been filed, we'll send you an email for the update so please check it from time to time. Please refer to this article https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-buyer-abuse-faq1651 ***If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.***Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.