Buyer Scam

jmt12345
Contributor
Contributor
Hi recently i sold a bag to a buyer on gumtree and used paypal for the transaction. First they tried to convince me to send to a different address from their paypal account as they said they ‘moved’. I told them I can only send it to the address provided on their paypal and so they accepted it. I sent it with photos of proof of shipment and tracking number. They then disputed saying the bag smelt and was fake (it is 100% authentic with receipts). So i tried to dispute but of course it was in their favour so i had to do a full refund (got charged the fees) and so skip to a few weeks later and i’m still waiting for my bag to return to me. Yesterday it said it was delivered however it wasn’t at all. I have messaged the buyer multiple times for proof of shipment and any details of the return but I get no responses. I have reported my item missing with Australia Post. Just wondering if it was possible for them to create fake authentication and fake tracking numbers? What should i do? Please help me!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.