Buyer Requests Shipment to Alternative Address

KenGA
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling an item that a buyer is interested in. However, they are asking that the item be shipped to an alternative address (not one associated with their PayPal Account). Is this normal? Generally I will only ship an item to the address on the buyers PayPal account for my protection.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KenGA 

Probably a scam, you may get a fake email saying that they have paid but nothing shows in your balance.

They will tell you that it will only show up when you email a tracking number to paypal, = SCAM.

Tell them to add that address to their paypal account as a gift address and select that address when checking out so that you have seller protection.

If they don't then sell to a better buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KenGA 

Probably a scam, you may get a fake email saying that they have paid but nothing shows in your balance.

They will tell you that it will only show up when you email a tracking number to paypal, = SCAM.

Tell them to add that address to their paypal account as a gift address and select that address when checking out so that you have seller protection.

If they don't then sell to a better buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.