Buyer Refund

munyasi
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to start by stating that I am a freelance developer. Last year I got a client whom we agreed on tasks that were supposed to be done and payment was supposed to be made after each agreed milestone was completed. I was able to accomplish two milestones before I decided not to continue working for the client for personal reasons. The client had made payment for the first two milestones, however, after almost 3 months of silence the client decided to initiate a refund from paypal stating the reason as goods not as described. I wrote to paypal explaining to them what I had offered the client was a service which I was billing per hour and payment was supposed to be made after each agreed milestone. After 2 days paypal responded by saying the dispute was resolved in favour of the buyer since he did not receive the described items. My question is how can I be able to convince paypal that I actually provided the service and the buyer is actually a fraudster who is trying to reverse a payment that was genuine.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @munyasi,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some difficulty with a recent client / sale. I know how frustrating those situations can be. I would recommend reaching out to Customer Support to see if they are able to appeal the case decision based on the work you did end up providing.

Best of luck with your appeal!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

munyasi
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use my local git history as proof of work done since the client revoked my access to the repo

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.