Buyer Chargebacks as 'Unauthorized Transaction' on a confirmed address and won the dispute.

badgerfps
New Community Member

A buyer purchased a custom Xbox 360 console from me on eBay. A month later they charged back the payment on PayPal directly without directly contacting me first to resolve the issue. The case lasted about 2 weeks, without me being able to get any further contact from PayPal or the customers financial institution during the whole case. I was left 'in the dark' during the whole ordeal PayPal decided in favor of the customers bank institution as an 'Unauthorized Transaction'. I contacted a PayPal representative today as of September 29th 2020 which representative named 'Maria' and was told this transaction does not protect me under PayPal Seller Protection as direct accordance to their policy via this URL on their website: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#unauthorized-transactions.

This is false and misleading advertising on PayPal's end as they state on their main Seller's Protection guidelines and protection page here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

States: "For "Unauthorized Payment" cases:
The payment must be marked "eligible" on the Transaction Details page.
You must provide Proof of Delivery or Proof of Shipment as described below."

In regards to the transaction ID it shows the address on the transaction is "Confirmed".

Which per PayPal's terminology means it is safe and marked as a safe confirmed billing address that is in direct correlation with their shipping address. The confirmed address for the buyer is as following and has been directly shipped and confirmed as delivered on FedEx which is the carrier who I chose to ship and deliver the item.

On the same page it states:

"Seller protection
Eligible
Eligible when you ...
Ship to the address on this page.
Save your tracking or shipping info.
Follow the requirements for seller protection."

I've made a BBB/IC3 complaint online, contacted PayPal directly at the email address the provided me to contact for charge backs and disputes. I've also contacted the buyer directly on eBay and just emailed them as of today as suggested by the rep I spoke with from PayPal. I've yet to receive a proper or helpful response or assistance from PayPal about this whole conundrum that has lasted me weeks. Is there anything else I can do to get assistance with this? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.