Business Plan

dzeiby
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

I had found brilliant business plan. This idea came from my personal experience, when i was owning a game server. As you know, right now e-sports industry is kinda huge and growing fast. So i made game server of one of the most popular steam games. Was doing fine, had big and active community, lots of players. I was selling virtual money on that game and special game ranks via paypal. Had legit website, automated payment system. I was making like ~1500 euro per month. But noticed, after paypal decided to give buyers protection for virtual goods, players started abusing that, for example: players buys lots of virtual money, destroys everyone in server, wastes all the money he bought buying in game items etc and once he runs out of money, he simply charges back his paypal payment, saying he did not receive "vip" ranks/money etc, no matter that i have all data in database, log files etc showing that he got everything he bought. And paypal doesnt even look what i send them, just because simply, there is no seller protection on virtual goods. So everything ended like this: more players started abusing it, came to server, destroyed everything, as they were buying huge amounts of money, because they knew, that they will get all money back. Normally, players don't buy such a huge amount of virtual money, for example: 1000000 for 50 eur. But those guys, just throw 50-100 euro to destroy game servers and get their money back. So after few months, because of this abuse, i lost majority of players and money. So according to this, i might go to other game servers, buy lots of virtual money or virtual items, sell it to other players at ~2x lower price (contacting them in private) and put a charge back. Seems legit, as there is no seller protection on such a things like buying in game currency etc.  Just imagine, buying virtual money for 100 euro, selling to other server player for 50 euro, after that put a claim, telling you did not receive any money. In the end, u get your 100 euro back + 50 euro profit. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.