Business Account

altino
New Community Member

Hello,

I sell digital codes on ebay for low margins and have been getting reversed transactions on the items that I have sent out. I learned that the Paypal business account will have protection for digital goods but the only thing is that I am not technically a business in the sense that I have filed any articles of incorporation. Would I still be able to open the business account and use it without articles of incorporation? Please let me know as my digital delivery system has brought in small amounts of revenue but would like to be protected as I have been getting more and more claims of "unauthorized transactions" and losing money because the codes have still been used and I am left footing the bill.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @altino,

I'm sorry for any confusion regarding protection for digital goods. Seller Protection is the same for Business and Personal accounts. Intangible goods are not covered by Seller Protection.

You can read the details for protection in your country by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website and then PayPal user Agreement and navigating to the section about selling. 

I hope this information helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.