Being scammed and Paypal not helping.

kyranbates
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I’m speaking in the behalf of my friend, as she is about to give up with this but I won’t let it go. My friend was selling a pair of £550 shoes on depop for cheap, £190. There was an account under the name of @officalj23 that messaged her saying that instead of paying through depop and having to pay depop fees and shipping, that he would pay her £180 straight to her Paypal (for goods). She has asked for the address, and the account gave it her. The address is clearly stated in the chat which I have screenshots of. The screenshot also shows her telling the account the delivery tracking number. The next day, she opens her Paypal to find a claim against her, saying that she had in fact not shipped the item and the buyer never received it. The buyer also gave another address in Liverpool, whereas the address my friend sent it to was in Sheffield, but the buyer also sells clothes on their depop in Leeds? My friend has sent the shoes. The shoes have been delivered and signed for. She sent the shoes to the delivery address that was clearly stated. However, the buyer is the person that has been allowed to keep the £180. So he has a free pair of shoes and my friend has no shoes and no £180. Surely Paypal must be able to do something, and protect its sellers than buyers! Please help!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.