Been scammed for a £1200 chargeback! PAYPAL FRAUD!

EstherTsao
Contributor
Contributor

On the 24th Dec 2020 I received a buyer message regarding my listing on eBay, I was selling an iPhone 12 max pro at the price of £1200. Buyer A reached out and say he would like to buy and collect it in person. He asked me to call his mobile to schedule the pickup and requested me to change my listing from an auction listing to a buy it now listing. 

2 days later, he reached out again and said he was asking his wife to make the payment and he will pick it up after she did. At the same time, my eBay system shows that Buyer B has placed the order and paid an exact of £1200. So I scheduled the pick up with the guy (Buyer A) as I was already on a call with him. 

He arrived 30 mins later, when I hand over the product, I used the eBay app to scan the QR code the buyer received from eBay to confirm that the item has been successfully delivered to the buyer's hand (I can provide a screenshot of my eBay order detail and delivery status as prove). 

Around 2 weeks after the order, Buyer B filed a dispute case to Paypal, demanding a chargeback for the amount they paid (£1200) as it is an “unauthorised transaction”. 

I won't be able to provide any personal information to Buyer A as he did not actually place the order with his account. But eBay has acknowledged the case and has all his details (full name, address, contact number, bank info etc). eBay told me to provide the email (lawenforcement @ ebay . com) to Action Fraud so they can retrieve the information when investigating the case. 

Yesterday (7 Mar 2020), I received another email saying my chargeback case is now closed as the credit card issuer decided the chargeback in the buyer's favour as the buyer met their requirements. And Paypal cannot dispute this transaction any further. In another word - I lost my case.

My Paypal account is now left with a negative balance of £1,214.00 (£1200 for the chargeback and £14 for the chargeback fee from Paypal)... I am desperate to get this resolved and retrieve my money. Stress cried so many times as this has been ongoing for almost 3 months and seriously affecting my credit. Please please please help me with this case.

This is all the information I can provide:

• eBay order number
  • eBay item number
  • Order placed on: Sat, 26 Dec 2020
  • Payment method: PayPal

• Payment date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020
  • Paypal transaction ID
  • Paypal dispute case ID
  • Buyer B Name
  • Buyer B email

• Action Fraud case number
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Soulvirus17
Contributor
Contributor
Same things just happened to me 1900 euros😭😭😭😭. So where you able to get your money and what did paypal do to help?
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525GR
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal doesn't care if you get your money or not! I've been scammed as well. They want you to buy products and use PayPal under GUEST, this way PayPal can't help you with disputes! It sucks but this is how PayPal doesn't have to deal with scammer just get your money!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.