Been asked to pay with multiple gift cards

Crafty5
New Community Member

I've been asked to pay for a camper with gift cards. Its in ebay motors. Scam?

Below is an email

Great! I almost forgot. If we have a deal, this will help you save some money. When you go to the store to buy the eBay or Best Buy cards, it is better to tell the clerk that you need the cards to make a gift or something else. In this way, you will not have to pay the 10% commission fee which applies for buyers in the online marketplace. I made this mistake last time and I paid an extra $80 for nothing. 140 dollars is a lot of money these days. After you purchase those cards don't forget to call eBay at this number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]to confirm the payment! Please keep me posted, Thanks and God blessed you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Crafty5,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Please note that in general, purchases of cars, motorbikes or campers is not covered under our Buyer Protection policy. Also, the payment needs to show on your PayPal account as sent to the seller's account. I would not recommend completing the purchase through Gift Cards. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.