BIG PROBLEM

Lcoputer
Contributor
Contributor
hey, someone sent me 207€ in PayPal. After 3 weeks I sew that he opened a case on the payment, I asked him why he said he have problem with his PayPal and someone hacked to his PayPal and deleted all info, also he gave me email access so I success to reset the password for the PayPal account and all the info of the PayPal (payment, disputes, credit card) deleted. I don’t know what to do I am in minus on PayPal. I respond to the case but I don’t know what to do if I’ll lose. Please help me PayPal just closed this case I sent you proofs he said hacker hacked into his PayPal account, and it’s true. Please give me back my 207€,
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lcoputer 

If your transaction meets the seller protection requirements (basic and additional) for unauthorized payment, PayPal may cover you. If they don't and it is their decision, then you're out of gas, I'm afraid and are liable for the amount. Who you "sold" to may not be who paid you.

See seller protection program for details:

9. PayPal Seller Protection.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Lcoputer
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much you make me calm. Do you know how many time it’s take PayPal give me answer? Because I can’t make deals and transactions in my account... and it’s sucks
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lcoputer wrote:
Thank you so much you make me calm. Do you know how many time it’s take PayPal give me answer? Because I can’t make deals and transactions in my account... and it’s sucks

Awww 😊. I am glad and you are welcome. 

Is your account limited? Are they asking for documents to confirm identity and your business, such as supplier invoices and proof of delivery? Unfortunately, the time it takes to restore accounts very widely depending on the complexity of your case. They don't just look at the info you sent and see if match your PayPal account. They verify suppliers and check with government and national databases, check delivery info so this all can take some time. They don't lift account limitations over the phone but you can call to follow up and ask that a support ticket be submitted to the back office that deals with this stuff.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook Israel: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalIsrael/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Login to Me Too

Lcoputer
Contributor
Contributor
My account was limit then i verified it by documents. I asked how much time to take the money from dispute (Unauthorized transaction). Because I can’t use PayPal until the money will come back to my balance.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lcoputer 

Usually PayPal tries to resolve PayPal disputes within 30 days but credit card chargebacks though the buyer's financial institution may take considerably longer than that. I heard it can make a few months in some cases. And the bank makes the rulings on credit card chargebacks, not PayPal.  If you were charged a chargeback fee, that's a credit card chargeback and not a PayPal dispute opened by the buyer from within their PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Lcoputer
Contributor
Contributor
Now it’s sounds crap. Not too bad for me, I can keep make deals.. finally money probably will come back. Thank you again.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lcoputer wrote:
Now it’s sounds crap. Not too bad for me, I can keep make deals.. finally money probably will come back. Thank you again.

You're welcome. 🙂

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lcoputer 

I also want to add that this is why PayPal don't want people withdrawing the money out so quick and put holds on funds. Because you never know when the funds will be reversed and have to pay it back. Some transactions are high risk for this, like digital goods and services.

Login to Me Too

Lcoputer
Contributor
Contributor
You right also In my country there is no f&f. Why ?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.