Asking to pay a courier

19karate63

Hi I am selling a sofa. This man said that he will put the money plus 300 pounds to pay a courtier to collect it but that I have to pay the courier first through bank transfer before the money is paid into my pay pal account. I have had a message from pay pal to say that it is legit and that if I don't pay it I will have interpol on my case. I haven't got the 300 pens in my bank account to pay it and I don't know if I believe this to be true. Can someone please help as I am worried now

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @19karate63,

Thank you for joining the PayPal community! I'm sorry to hear that you've received what sounds to be a fake email. This has all the ear markings of a common scam called an Overpayment Scam. It's good that you were skeptical. I hope you haven't sent any money or delivered the item. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.