Are my reports on unauthorized payment read by Paypal?

apcsilver
Contributor
Contributor

When getting claims that a buyers credit card/paypal was used without their consent we stating doubt that our responses to Paypal are even read. We have 2 instances this year where such buyers reversed their claims with their credit card when realizing they did not recognize the purchase on their statement. This info was sent to Paypal but we still did not get our money back. Can other merchants share their thoughts? Submitting reports to Paypal to counter claims of fraud are very time consuming. Are we just wasting our time? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @apcsilver,

In a situation where there is a chargeback, the information submitted is reviewed. It may not be sufficient to dispute the chargeback with the credit card issuer, however.

If the buyer realizes that they made a mistake, they will need to cancel the chargeback with their card issuer. If they do not, PayPal will do our best to dispute a chargeback if the information we have is material to the dispute. If we do not win the chargeback, it would come down to whether or not the transaction meets the requirements of Seller Protection.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.