Appeal issue

Kmkallis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I got a few email today,15 september,from paypal saying that a buyer has a claim from april!!! Note that the buyer already gave me a positive feedback that he received the item on april..Now is the middle of september...and i just got the notifications that the buyer escalated to a claim paypal sided with the buyer and that my balance is negative...no notifications before just all of these today...paypal said that they investigate and sided with the buyer...didnt they saw that the buyer gave me a positive feedback on ebay?? In 1 minute i received 4 emails..case opens case closed and the buyer was refunded!!! Imade screen shots to show about the feedback but cannot find a way to show them..in my resolution center there is not any case open..how can i appeal this desicion? Please look into this Kallis

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kmkallis

If it was a dispute for 'non receipt' of item then the only proof paypal accept is trackable proof of delivery.

Feedback has no bearing on anything, firstly Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate policies for 'disputes'.

Secondly its fairly common for buyers to leave feedback for the wrong seller by mistake so it doesn't really count for anything.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

maidenna
New Community Member

I had the same problem too, I think Paypal could have protect sellers more than buyer considering I have a 100% positive feedback in eBay and did not have a bad history in Paypal. This is just plain unfair.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maidenna

Why would they protect sellers more than buyers?

Buyers can buy anywhere they want to but sellers if they want to sell and accept paypal do not have a lot of choice unless they have their own websites.

Ebay want to encourage more buyers otherwise it would be pointless having sellers anyway.

As a seller we have to protect ourselves by reading up on seller protection and risk assessing transactions but you are always going to have the odd pain in the butt buyers. 

As for feedback it is pretty meaningless, no one is going to stop buying from you because you have the odd red dot on a website.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.