Any options if a buyer receives their item after a dispute is closed?

soyrachel3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all - I sold an item to someone in Ireland and placed it in the mail on March 15. It ended up basically getting stuck in customs in the US for over 3 months because of COVID-19. The buyer understandably opened a dispute against me because the item wasn't delivered to them. I spoke to several customer service reps for Paypal and tried to explain the situation, but they ultimately refunded the buyer money. I then opened a case with USPS because I figured since the item was "missing" it would be covered under their insurance. Of course, now the item was FINALLY delivered to Ireland on June 15th and my USPS claim was denied. I am out the value of the item, plus the $38 shipping cost to Ireland, since the customer was refunded that as well. I have reached out the customer and asked if he received the item and he told me that he hasn't been at that address in a while and needs to check to see if delivered. Of course I haven't heard back yet. I can't appeal the dispute outcome because that was resolved over a month ago. Do I have ANY options here? Am I just out the $300 plus shipping? Paypal has not been helpful here. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.