Am I getting scammed?

Isaackwm1
New Community Member
Seems like someone wants to buy my couch via PayPal. Someone else wants to buy my bed via PayPal. Very similar sounding messages for both. No haggling for price. Neither will come in person. Movers to pick up in the next two days. Sounds to me like a scam. But from what I understand you can’t scam Paypal. As long as you don’t follow a link and end up on a fake paypal site, rather, you log into it directly, the funds will either be there or they won’t, right? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Isaackwm1,

I'm sorry that you've been getting offers from buyers who may not be legitimate.

Please take a look at the Seller Protection guidelines to make sure that they are understood before allowing the item to be delivered to the buyer.

Items that are hand delivered and are not shipped with online tracking would not be covered by Seller Protection. If there's a situation of fraud or the buyer is not happy with the merchandise, a claim is possible. Transactions that are not covered are higher risk and should only be undertaken if you are willing to assume that risk.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.