Acting as a third party for non-PayPal connections

ARalton
Contributor
Contributor
A friend /trader in Egypt, who I have bought from before with no problem, has asked me to receive a payment for him through PayPal as Egypt doesn't allow PayPal, and I would subsequently transfer cash on to him using Western Union. I'm not saying that there is anything untoward here, but it concerns me that I'm potentially opening myself up to fraud if the third party buyer disputes the transaction or if he claims that the items are faulty or not received from my friend and I have already transferred cash through WU. It occurred to me that Friends and Family might provide more protection for me, provided the buyer cannot subsequently dispute the transaction. Or is it possible to hold on to the money for a period of time, beyond which time a dispute cannot be lodged? How can I tell that I've received a F&F payment and not a transaction payment? What is the time period beyond which buyer protection is not covered. Does PayPal have any facility / protection to cover the kind of transaction I am describing?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.