Account Usage Restricted

helmut593
New Community Member

I sold and shipped my guitar worth $2500, and the buyer deposited the purchase price into my PayPal Account, but PayPal won't release the funds even though I provided Shipping tracking number. They wanted photo ID as well, which I don't have as I don't have a drivers license or a passport, and they also wanted my original proof of purchase dated within 6 months. Well the guitar was originally purchased in 2005, was a gift and I don't have a receipt. You'd think that they would accept a Statutory Declaration from me in this circumstance and if it was stolen, wouldn't the Police know about that as the guitar was originally purchased for about $5000.00

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi helmut593, 

It sounds like we are just trying to verify you and the details of the account. If you do not have a receipt for the item you sold you can just say that you received it as a gift and are reselling it. In regards to photo ID, you would need to provide this. If you do not have a passport or driving licence then you can provide a copy of your birth certificate along with a government issued document. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.