About to sell a very large dollar value item. What protections as a seller should I take?

Zar023
Contributor
Contributor

Really scared of being scammed. I'm selling the item on Ebay (over $1000). If they pay via PayPal how long do/should I wait before sending the item. Afraid I will send the item and then they will pull their money out of paypal or I never see the money from paypal. I've heard that people had to wait upwards of 21 days for their money to arrive/unlock in paypal. ATM someone with 0 rating is winning the auction (which right now really puts up a red flag). Any advise will help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Zar023 

Thank you for reaching out.

• You should see the money as 'Payment received' on your PayPal account before you ship your item so the buyer will no longer have any option to cancel it.
  • Not all transactions are subject for 21-day hold. Please see links below for potential reasons why the payment will be held up.

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable? 

Why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold? 

What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered? 

I hope this helps.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Zar023 

Thank you for reaching out.

• You should see the money as 'Payment received' on your PayPal account before you ship your item so the buyer will no longer have any option to cancel it.
  • Not all transactions are subject for 21-day hold. Please see links below for potential reasons why the payment will be held up.

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable? 

Why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold? 

What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered? 

I hope this helps.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.