A scam or not?

taptao0
New Community Member

So the ebay user rashawsawye7 bought a digital item from me in june 2019 and everything went fine, there were no chance to return the item after purchase. However three months after this he opens a case against me and Paypal for some reason decided the case to the buyers favor, so I lost the sold item and the money. He claims his credit card was stolen. This brings up many questions: Why did he wait three months before opening a case? Why is he not replying to my several contact attempts? Why is he still using the same ebay and google accounts to this day? And for last, why would Paypal decide to this the buyers favor? For me this seems to be a clear scamming attempt. He should atleast contact me about this issue and he should have opened the case in a few days after the sale. Why did he let someone use his credit card for several months? Shouldn't he had close the card via services instantly after he noticed his card was stolen? Funny thing is he is really still using the same google and ebay account to this day. Anyone feel any empathy towards me? How can this be even possible? ..... help me please and put your comments below this message thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taptao0 

If he lost his card and so filed a chargeback / unauthorised transaction then he would probably win.

However you would be reimbursed under paypals seller protection BUT unfortunately paypal does not cover digital / virtual items.

You can of course still sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.