3 orders from newly created ebay accounts , Should i ship??

geoland
Contributor
Contributor

Hello ,i recently had a negative experience as i shipped to a newly created ebay account with Tracking info and after some days my money held due to fraud. So i lost the item and now may i lose the money also(waiting for paypal's decision). Now in the last 3 days , 3 different newly created accounts ( all with 0 feedbacks) made orders. What should i do? The ebay address matches the paypal account address, but i suspect they may change the paypal address so it looks more reliable. I dont wanna risk it ,what should i do in cases like this? How can i check if the real owner made the order? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@geoland

If you meet the basic requirements of seller protection and the additional requirements (including shipping item to the shipping address on the payment), you could be covered.

See link for complete t&c of seller protection:

11. Seller Protection Programme

Also read the buyer protection t&c based on buyer's country.

https://www.paypal.com/gr/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_GR

(Select buyer's country from the dropdown menu.)

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

geoland
Contributor
Contributor

for example , In all 3 sellers paypal address is confirmed  and i ship with tracking number at the mentioned paypal address that matches ebay address, also kept the postage confirmation from the local post office in case something occurs. then one of them reports unrecognized transaction at the bank. Wont i lose the money?? Also i tried shipping a tracked item with a post  in EU and the item sent abroad(US) but USPS doesnt provide shipping information when the item arrives in US and delivers as non trackable . What happens then when paypal cannot confirm that the item wasnt received?

Login to Me Too

aelaan12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I read your question about how to track if an item has been delivered.  I only ship into my own country, I always send with tracking and even more important signature.  What happens sometimes is that the buyer is not home, I always communicate with the buyer that I will require a signature.  Even if it is just 30 dollar item.  Why I am doing this (only 1.75 added cost) is that I rather have the item sit in a postal office or UPS depot where, if some thing happens, I can have it returned.  I do not allow drop off without signature.  Call me paranoid but I have lost too much money with dubious buyers.

New accounts with 0 feedback, and accounts created same day or day before will first get an email from me, I am not shipping until they answer or will cancel the shipment.  Of course, we as buyers and sellers, had to start at sometime as well and so we were all 0 feedback once.  I feel it is very important, for the buyer, to understand that they are dealing with a real person.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.