3 months old sale customer refunded through PayPal, Need some guidance please

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to appeal the case, First time i asked customer service to help me appeal, But still PayPal sent me an old message we decided in the buyers favor even when i proved to them with the original listing image proof. i did list it as is and i appealed it again and submitted a better image of the listing.

What do you think is the real problem? The customer bought the phone and took it to apple and apple can't help him cause device is locked, I sold it for parts and PayPal is notorious for bullying people, So now they're bullying me and still fight against me, What do i do next if i lose the 2nd time appeal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelHF

Buyers have 180 days from date of payment to dispute as per PayPal Buyer Protection policy so the buyer was within their rights to do so. It's bad luck. But PayPal won't reverse the decision now. You got the phone back. I suggest relisting it for sale again asap.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelHF wrote:

I'm trying to appeal the case, First time i asked customer service to help me appeal, But still PayPal sent me an old message we decided in the buyers favor even when i proved to them with the original listing image proof. i did list it as is and i appealed it again and submitted a better image of the listing.

What do you think is the real problem? The customer bought the phone and took it to apple and apple can't help him cause device is locked, I sold it for parts and PayPal is notorious for bullying people, So now they're bullying me and still fight against me, What do i do next if i lose the 2nd time appeal?

Sellers are not protected from SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) disputes. Only protected from Unauthorized Transactions or Item Not Received. When PayPal rules in favor of the buyer on SNADs, buyer is supposed to return item for a refund. Is that not happening or is happening? 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Also, which is it? Listed "As is" or "Sold for parts" for they can mean two different things. 

Login to Me Too

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

They returned it, but i'm trying to fight it back cause it has been 3 months old, And they returned the iPhone, But it's not fair cause i sell for people who ask me to sell for them, So i always describe as much as i can so i can prevent any returns, This is really not acceptable. They refunded and sent me the item back, But now i have to take care of my bills and rent. The buyer stated that they were forced by their mom, And they're younger, not sure how young. That's ridiculous to refund after 3 months, Do you agree with me? I really appreciate your help

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MichaelHF

Buyers have 180 days from date of payment to dispute as per PayPal Buyer Protection policy so the buyer was within their rights to do so. It's bad luck. But PayPal won't reverse the decision now. You got the phone back. I suggest relisting it for sale again asap.

Login to Me Too

MichaelHF
Contributor
Contributor

Be the judge, Just want your opinion pleaseBe the judge, Just want your opinion please

Sold as is no warranties or guarantees from me the seller

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.