why have I lost the dispute

rkellyy
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold an item on Depop in mid July. I messaged the customer to ask them to confirm on PayPal to release funds.  the customer said they had an issue would the items in regards to fading and an oil mark all of which could be seen in the photos provided. but that they would in their words, ' try and fix it and if not return in a couple of days'. 

6 weeks has passed and nothing from the customer. at that point you would assume there was no problem. This feeling would further be supported when the buyers brother orders from you saying "my sister ordered from you, so I thought I would too".  We had not left each other a review so there was no way of him knowing who she bought from without her telling him. if you bought something from a buyer that you was not happy with, surely you don't recommend to you brother.

THEN BOOM. Its Late August and She files a case without messaging me since mid July.  I have since shipped him the item to the SAME ADDRESS and he has left me a 5* review as have all of my other 40 customers. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rkellyy
Contributor
Contributor

I put all of this in my response as well of screenshots of the limited chat and second purchase. 

Now I am being told to provide a Return address for the buyer. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rkellyy 

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

The fact their brother bought from you as well doesn't really have any relevance does it?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rkellyy
Contributor
Contributor
I feel like it does have some relevance. Why would you recommend a seller if your not happy with the product yourself. Also, nothing is hidden in the images. They also asks questions regarding the condition which were answered 100% accurately and honestly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.