is sending a paypal request secure?

Artbabe0
New Community Member
Is it safe to send a request for payment or an invoice or could I get scammed with the information within it? a potential customer asked to pay me for a product with his paypal, but seems not to exists on social media, and is not my usual customer base - i am suspicious! but is paypal request or invoice safe to send out?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Artbabe0 

Its safe. You just have to make sure you see a record of payment in your PayPal account before shipping goods. Don't just believe payment confirmation emails as they can be spoofed by scammers.

A Pending request or invoice is not yet paid unless its status is marked paid AND you see a record of payment received in your PayPal account activity.

Some scammers will email and say payment is sent but PayPal is holding it, even if that is the case, you still see a record of payment received and marked On Hold and when you click on the transaction, it will say whether you should ship or not as your next step.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jillings
New Community Member
thankyou, that’s helpful, i sent paypal request, realised it was a scam, the scammer gave up when i wouldn’t also give him my email address which i use for paypal. horrible people out there! thanks for your help and reassuring answer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.