Selling on eBay

Elle110
New Community Member

Hello, I have sold a phone via ebay and the man wants to pay through PayPal which is fine. However he sent me an email saying ‘I will need a confirmation from PayPal to proceed with the payment before sending payment out’ so I will need to send an email to PayPal customer service who will then email him confirming my account is real. When I’ve clicked on the email it says <removed> but when I’ve looked further the email is actually <removed> I have sent the email and he’s said he will send the email shortly and I will receive confirmation and notification notice from PayPal. Is this guy trying to scam me with the dodgy email? I’ve never had this when I’ve used PayPal previously. Thankyou any help will be appreciated

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi

@Elle110,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If a buyer wants to send a payment to you, all they need to do is send it to the email address registered to your PayPal account. There is no need to request a confirmation email from us.

As he has bought the item through eBay, we would have already given him the information needed in order to complete the payment.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.