Seller's Invoices Hold No Weight in a Falsely Filed Chargeback Dispute

RansomGracie
New Community Member

I am in the middle of an open dispute centered around a chargeback against me as the seller. After speaking to one PayPal Customer Rep, she stated that invoice details such as "no returns or refunds" hold zero weight when facing a disgruntled buyer who wants a refund anyway. Basically stating that regardless of what was agreed upon between the buyer and seller, that in any case there is a dispute, the buyer will be highly (only) favored..

How is this true? Is this true? How is this good business practice on PayPal's end to go against what's clearly written on an invoice? What is then the purpose of the details on an invoice? Technically an invoice is a written contract and prior to clicking that "Pay" button the buyer is agreeing to the item description or any other details about the product being purchased.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RansomGracie

No refunds etc is pointless if it goes against paypals own rules for buyer protection that you agreed to when you opened your paypal account.

In the event of an item recieved but not as described dispute its one persons word against anothers so yes paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.