Seller protection

Readie21
Contributor
Contributor
Does it even exist? How am I protected? Proof of postal confirmation item has been sent Proof of postal confirmation item has been delivered Yet I’m still punished and funds removed from my account because buyer claims nothing has been sent. How is that protecting the seller.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Readie21 

Did you bother to actually read the small section on seller protection in paypals user agreement?

Its not a 100% coverall or an insurance policy so you need to read it and risk assess your transactions.

Paypal covers you for false claims of non receipt of item if you provide a tracking number that shows online delivery of the item to the buyer.

However if you choose to just send with proof of postage or the item is lost in the post then of course its up to you to refund the buyer.

If you paid for something and did not receive it would you not want your money back?

Proof of postage is just that, proof you posted it but if the buyer does not receive it then you refund them and sort it with the postage carrier with any insurance you took out when you sent it to reimburse yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Readie21
Contributor
Contributor
Yup I read it, Postal service confirmed the delivery as it was to be signed for. The locations were the same however PayPal claiming they aren’t the same. I can only send to the location that the buyer puts in the notes and previous coms, there identical. But according to PayPal they’re not. I’ve been round in circles with PayPal over this. First it’s invalid information provided (not true) then more information was needed (sent) then the postal addresses no longer match (not true) and now they resort to I didn’t answer within the valid time frame (incorrect). PayPal keep moving the goalposts so I’ll never win, it’s not they’re money is it so why would they ‘truly care about you as their valued customer’ guys got his goods and his money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.