Scammer

Max-2
New Community Member
I had sold 2 items of clothing to this guy and I included tracking, he payed through PayPal and added delivery details there but then messaged me 50 times saying it was the wrong address. So I sent it to the address he said, hasn’t said a word since 3rd October I checked the tracking and it had been delivered to that place. Then Opens a case against me in PayPal claiming item sent to the wrong address and it’s gone in his favour it’s absolutely ridiculous from PayPal no support whatsoever just said oh you should have sent it to the first address provided. Now I’ve lost 40 quid and the 2 clothing items and all they said was nothing, disgusted with this and haven’t received any answers having been put on hold for 40+ minutes! No help at all in order to stop this from happening. I provided a tracking number which they said was invalid. Any ideas on what I can do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Max-2 

You only have seller protection if you post to the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment.

If they wanted it sent to another address you should have told them to add the work address as a 'gift address' on their paypal account and then select that address when they paid, then you would have been covered.

I doubt you will have any luck with paypal as you may have lost seller protection BUT you have enough evidence for a small claims court action AND if the buyer knows you are going down that route they may cancel their claim? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.