Scammed help please

Kaelah1
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay and just as the item ended I had a got a message through My Messages from someone asking me to send the item to a different address. It was only when the buyer contacted me asking where their item was that I realised the message I'd received was from someone else. I know I'm an idiot!! Trouble is that I now have no item or money as I've had to refund the genuine buyer their money. eBay has basically said that its my own fault (which I accept) and to contact the police (which I've done). Does anyone know what I can do? Will PayPal help me? Or do I just have to accept that I'm an idiot and I've lost £160?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaelah1 

Even if it had been the genuine buyer you would have lost all seller protection because you sent to an alternate address that was not the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kaelah1 

Even if it had been the genuine buyer you would have lost all seller protection because you sent to an alternate address that was not the buyers paypal registered address at the time of payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.