Scam?

Cailynpaige96
So this person bought something off of eBay from me...wants to send to his daughter in mi (he’s from the uk! He wanted me to add an eBay gift card so he sent me $518...but I don’t see the transaction or anything in my PayPal..I’ve only received an email about it and when I type in the transaction Id to my PayPal, it says it can’t be found..the money says it’s on hold until I purchase the gift card and prove the funds are on it..but the funds were supposed to cover the gift card, I don’t have the $$ to buy it first! SOS
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Cailynpaige96

Welcome to the Community! 

With PayPal, you receive money when someone sends a payment to your email address or mobile number. Once that happens, we’ll send you a message letting you know you have money available. We do sometimes place the money from a payment to one side, in a pending balance; however,  it's important to never ship an item until the payment shows as "Completed" in your PayPal account. You can read further information on common scams here

I hope this helps you out, 

Craig

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.