Received a suspicious email claiming to be a Paypal transaction receipt.

ashley9505

I wonder if anybody can help me here?

I received an email receipt purporting to be from a Paypal email address. There is also another email address included in the sent from field which which when I searched in Google is some scammy looking Indian medicine website. The receipt was supposedly for £47.99 to some games company. Gmail is usually really good at blocking this sort of stuff when it is spam so I'm just trying to double check if it is a phishing email or if it's a legit receipt and somebody has managed to access my Paypal account. I've checked my account and there don't seem to be any pending transactions. Screenshots of email below if anybody can help. Many thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 19.38.06.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-23 at 19.49.38.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-23 at 19.49.55.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@ashley9505

That is a very convincing fake email. I see they even have your name.

Great job spotting the non PayPal sending address. Definitely keep an eye on your account.

Gmail is really good at stopping these. I'm surprised to see you say this came through to your Gmail account.

You should definitely forward this PayPal so they can have a look.

Here is the PayPal link with the forward details.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/how-can-i-tell-if-an-email-is-genuinely-from-paypal-faq20...

Login to Me Too

ashley9505

Many thanks for the response. I will send it through to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.