PayPal wrongly refunded money

Fieldy
Contributor
Contributor

Somebody made a purchase from my business for $45, the buyer paid for the items with a Friends and Family transaction. I delivered the items without a hitch however 12 hours after the transaction I receive an email telling me the seller has filed for an Unauthorised Transaction. This morning I get an email stating he’d won the case and I was made to refund him. I’m disgusted to see that PayPal has let this fraudulent refund occur and I even emailed PayPal explaining the case and why his case was invalid prior to the refund. Is there anyway that I can get PayPal to revert the refund, as this was a business traction and losing money is not an option.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

-WHY-

HI I would like to know if Paypal actually helped you in the end.

We have also just been in this situation except a month later the buyer who has received the good the day they bought them has put in a claim to say it was a fraudlant transcation.

How is that possible? Now we have no goods not only they they have taken the money away within 2 days or the original incident happening.

This is unjust.

-WHY- can they do this

Login to Me Too

Fieldy
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are refusing to cooperate and are saying that it's the bank's fault instead of theirs. Honestly disgusting how easily it is for people to steal money off of you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.