PayPal overriding my business policies

Janet_Hildegard
Contributor
Contributor

My business clearly requires customers to pay shipping, including return shipping for returns. However, when a customer’s item was returned by the postal service, PayPal refunded the customer the full amount, making me pay shipping and denying my appeal. I’m wondering if PayPal has this right to override my company’s policies? I sent the item to the exact address the customer provided. I offered the customer a refund for the item but not the shipping, but PayPal forced me to pay the customer’s shipping as well. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Janet_Hildegard

I'm sorry to hear of the negative experience this caused. 

When a buyer and seller use PayPal to process a payment, both parties are agreeing to PayPal's User Agreement which includes a full refund to the buyer, if an item is returned. As PayPal has not agreed to a merchants refund policy, our policy would override a merchant if a dispute is filed with us. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.