Open a case that is untrue and can’t get hold of any PayPal customer service

Angelicademaio
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a pair of leggings to a buyer and she was unwilling to buy them In the first place so I took money off and gave it to for her for a better price and she still wasn’t satisfied with it as I could tell. She then opens a report explaining how the item is not described as it is shown which as it clearly shows in the pictures is a lie. She was unwilling to buy the leggings for the price I gave in the first place and by her opening this case she will not only get to keep her money but also the leggings. I would never sell anything that was damaged or not worthy to sell to my buyers on DEPOP as I have amazing feedback from everyone I buy and sell from. She was very rude when speaking to me and handled it the complete wrong way. I am outraged that PayPal unconsentually took the money out of my account without permission, without an email regarding this, and with a reason that they don’t know is true. I am very disappointed with how I’ve been treated through all of this and I do hope PayPal can see what I am saying as this happens a lot to buyers who regret what they buy, or don’t want the item anymore because it’s not what they wanted which happens sometimes but it doesn’t give the buyer any right to open a false claim. Thank you, and I do hope you can see where I’m coming from.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angelicademaio 

Paypal freeze any funds in your account until the dispute is sorted.

Normally if the buyer wins they have to return the item back to you first (trackable to prove delivery) before you the refund is issued.

Personally as soon as the buyer started making demands about reducing costs etc I would have blocked and ignored her and sold to someone else. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Angelicademaio
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I had an incline that she was up to something and my gut instinct was right. I do hope PayPal and depop can see this
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.