Just got scammed for $2500~ worth of virtual goods and PayPal is siding with the scammer

Faryal
New Community Member
Hey all, hope you’re doing well. About two days ago, someone offered to buy an account off of me with a big fanbase. They buyer agreed to use a middleman so that nobody gets scammed. I gave the middleman the account details and she sent the money to the middleman through Friends and Family. Then, when the middleman gave her the account details, she filed for an unauthorised transaction. She has even confirmed that she is scamming me when I talked to her in DMs and told me that she sent the money whilst on holiday so it would show that the money has been sent from a different location and make PayPal think it wasn’t her who sent it, but someone else. Now she has sold of the account she stole off of me and has made $1500 from that. I don’t know what to do, maybe seek legal action. Please help. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.