Item sold to scammer who returned old item and requests refund from me

J20M
New Community Member

Hi,

I sold an item to a guy who after receiving it wants his payment back and raised a dispute against me that the item I sold him is not as described.

This raised alarm bells and I feared that if I agree on him sending the item back, he will send something else only to receive tracking details for paypal.

I agreed to refund the money if he is no unhappy with the item, once he sends the item back, however as expected, he sent something else back (something old and of no value).

I have contacted paypal and told them that I will be disputing his claim for refund and that I will send them all evidence against him because he returned something else instead of my original and new item.

It's frustrating as I can see that he is now selling my item somewhere else but at the same time wants his payment refunded.

I will be writing my long case against this buyer tomorrow but I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has been in the same situation and what their outcome with paypal was.

I am pretty sure this is quite a regular occurence and people are getting scammed by this type of scam all the time.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

10percentbuyer
New Community Member

Are you the scammer. Keep writing long complaints, paypal will let you keep the buyers money after the buyer sends your crap back!

Login to Me Too

10percentbuyer
New Community Member

Its obvious that Seller is the Scammer and Paypal helps Sellers steal money from the buyer by refunding only 10%

Login to Me Too

10percentbuyer
New Community Member

It's true, paypal and the seller are stealing money from buyers by refunding only 10% instead of the full refund deserved when returns are requested

Login to Me Too

10percentbuyer
New Community Member

Beware of Paypal's resolution dept.  They're  crooks!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.