I just got scammed and paypal sided with buyer

qaise64
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I sold a game cd key for 39€ and he paid and after a few minute the buyer messaged me that i should send the cd key . I sent him cd key within 30 mins . After he got the cd key and used it in steam . he filed for unauthorized dispute and guess what . I lost the dispute and he got his money back . I messaged him that why did he open dispute and he told me that his account was hacked . I started selling on ebay few days ago and i already got scammed.

The bad part is that paypal sided with the buyer even though i showed screenshot of his messages and my message to him. I feel very sad and i cant even leave a negative feedback to the buyer on ebay because only buyers can.

How easy it is to scam someone and paypal will always side with the buyer.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jeditig
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, trust me.  As a user of ebay and then Paypal since the late 90s early 2000s, Paypal seller protection is pretty much bogus.  The buyers can put in a claim to ebay and it gets denied. Then they can put in a claim against Paypal and it might get denied, then they can put in a claim with their credit card company and Paypal sill then side with them 100%.  There is no legal team that reviews especially with credit card chargebacks. Its all like clock work. after 60 days you bascially lose.  DO NOT sell digital products (tickets, literature, downloads, etc) and use paypal to collect payment. Buyers can put in claims and literally win every time.

I e-tickets event tickets to a buyer and then sent them a copy of their receipt in mail with tracking.  They went to concert and them put a claim in with credit card company saying they didnt receive tickets.  Paypal could care less. I had the confirmation of e-ticket claim, sent tracking number of receipt delivery, even had a time card from the event box office showing the tickets were used at the event.  Again, paypal didnt care and sided with buyers bank.  It happened 3 times in 6 months for me, people now no how to game Paypal since Paypal doesnt really bother with researching cases, especially digital.  I had to go to small claims court all three times to get judgement again buyer.

I dont sell anything anywhere that uses Paypal to collect money.  i suggest you done either.  Paypal just cares about sales and their cut, **bleep** the seller.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you just start selling and use Paypal to accept payment,you should review Paypal seller protection and what items are not protected by Paypal seller/buyer protection.

Login to Me Too
Solved

jeditig
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, trust me.  As a user of ebay and then Paypal since the late 90s early 2000s, Paypal seller protection is pretty much bogus.  The buyers can put in a claim to ebay and it gets denied. Then they can put in a claim against Paypal and it might get denied, then they can put in a claim with their credit card company and Paypal sill then side with them 100%.  There is no legal team that reviews especially with credit card chargebacks. Its all like clock work. after 60 days you bascially lose.  DO NOT sell digital products (tickets, literature, downloads, etc) and use paypal to collect payment. Buyers can put in claims and literally win every time.

I e-tickets event tickets to a buyer and then sent them a copy of their receipt in mail with tracking.  They went to concert and them put a claim in with credit card company saying they didnt receive tickets.  Paypal could care less. I had the confirmation of e-ticket claim, sent tracking number of receipt delivery, even had a time card from the event box office showing the tickets were used at the event.  Again, paypal didnt care and sided with buyers bank.  It happened 3 times in 6 months for me, people now no how to game Paypal since Paypal doesnt really bother with researching cases, especially digital.  I had to go to small claims court all three times to get judgement again buyer.

I dont sell anything anywhere that uses Paypal to collect money.  i suggest you done either.  Paypal just cares about sales and their cut, **bleep** the seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.