How would you be protected by Seller Protection?

Kamz2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can someone tell me if you ever tried submitting delivery proof from mail carrier confirmed delivery but still got ruling in favor of buyer?  So a buyer from AU filed a dispute claiming item was not received.  Since we could not resolve the case within time we escalate the case to Paypal.  We sent item to the customer via Hong Kong Post on registered surface mail.  After a while we received official notification mail from Hong Kong Post confirming the mail was delivered.  We also received customer confirmed with us mail was received.  We provided both info to Paypal in hope that they can close the case and return our money earned.  But in turn we got judgement simply said proof was invalid.  So I felt very frustrated as we thought we have done the work to protect ourselves but we could never expect Paypal wont look at the proof enough to make the judgement.  I would appreciated for comments and recommendations!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Oliphym
Contributor
Contributor
Depending on what country your buyer is in, it is better if you go through Resolution Center and make an appeal for the outcome of the case within 10 days after its closure. Resolution Center > Closed Cases > Appeal the outcome of the case. I am unsure but this is the best you should do right after it was close with it not being in your favor.
Login to Me Too

Kamz2
Contributor
Contributor

Yea thats exactly what we have done after we received the ruling even we provide proofs.  We appealed the cases.  My point is under what circumstance Paypal would judge proofs provided is no good?  Our cases are we use Hong Kong Post to send items to Australia.  We dont know what carrier will take up the delivery once landed in AU.  We presume it's AU post.  But we asked Hong Kong post provide proofs that mails have been delivered.  And they did provide proofs to verify items have been delivered.  So in those dispute/escalated cases we provide delivery proofs note provide by Hong Kong Post.  And Paypal still judged "NO, the proof is no good".  This is just disappointing.         

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.