How to avoid chargebacks on my PayPal account?

Hello,

If someone sends me money to my PayPal account using "sending money to a friend", then can I transfer that money over to my debit card/bank account to avoid getting chargebacked? I want to avoid the other person from calling their credit card company and charging back their money transfer and jeopardizing the money from my account, so will my money be safe if I do that? Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Before you reply to me with your idiotic comments and rude remarks, I suggest you may reconsider posting and wasting yours and others' time on here being a useless non-entity like yourself. BYE, please get off my post, thank you!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squirtleroyale 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for non-receipt of item OR item not as described as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR do a chargeback (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

You did not answer my question. I never said I was selling goods as well. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squirtleroyale 

Well if they are close mates or family members why do you think that they would chargeback on you?

And i have answered your question as selling or not the answer is the same....so, your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

I am going to ignore your irrelevant remark you made in the former half of your response. You never answered my original questions -- which was if it was possible to get charge backed if I were to transfer the money from my PayPal balance to my debit card/bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@squirtleroyale 

Is reading not your forte?

I have already answered your question, BYE.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Before you reply to me with your idiotic comments and rude remarks, I suggest you may reconsider posting and wasting yours and others' time on here being a useless non-entity like yourself. BYE, please get off my post, thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.