How do I verify A Credit card before rendering service (Not shippable goods!)

Galene
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I run an online yacht charter company and collect payment for charters reserved via PayPay invoicing.

Most times customer pay with a credit card (Not PayPal account) as the amounts are fairly large - $2000 to $10,000.

We ask customers to text us a photo of the credit used, as a well as bringing it with them at the day of the service.

NOWHERE during the payment process do I have access to the card number(AT LEAST THE LAST 4 DIGITS) they used in order to MATCH it with card photo that was texted to us or with physical card they bring with at the time of the service.

What actually can happen (And did!) is that customer use a stolen card online, but texting us a photo of his card with his name.  Service is given but I have no way to tell what ACTUAL CARD WAS USE ONLINE!

Sound familiar? Please help.

Thank you 

galen

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Galene 

Yeah, most of the DIY PayPal tools has no revealing of the credit card info. Maybe Virtual Terminal is what you need:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/virtual-terminal

You can try downloading some completed credit card transaction as a sample from your account activity and see what data you can get when customizing the report fields:

Report > Activity Download

Select Transaction type, date range, customize report fields, and report format.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Galene
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.