Fraudulent seller

Toyman1024
New Community Member

i sold 2 vintage 1960 toy sets to someone on 4/13/2018 and 4/19/2018. Through E-bay. He paid. Tracking showed item was delivered. He left positive feedback on both. 1 week later he filed a claim with e-bay and his credit card company that it was an unauthorized purchase and pay pal put a hold on the funds I received on those items. It took me some time with a pay pal rep to get them to release funds back into my account based on tracking and feedback evidence... That's all good and I assumed pay pal absorbed the cost.. I am not sure how or if pay pal resolved issue with the buyer and his credit card company. I just thought this guy got 2 valuable vintage toys for free... I see 2 of the same items now listed on e-bay and based on certain characteristics 1 of them is without a doubt the same one that I sold 3 years ago. The guys e-bay name is different but the location of this seller and the buyer that filed the unauthorized claim 3 years ago are within a couple of miles. His profile shows he joined e-bay in 2019 one year after the false claim he made. I got my money back from pay pal but just based on principle is there any way to bring this to the attention of pay pal as possibly a fraudulent claim even though it was 3 years ago. I have detailed photos of everything I sold on e-bay and like I said there was a couple of defects in one of the items I sold that perfectly matched the defects in the photos of what this seller is selling. The other item was in better shape but he could have made a few changes in that one and I feel that one is the same also. I would be happy to hear any replies to this although I think I am just venting.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.