Fraudulent Dispute on a Twitch Donation (HELP)

floodwing
New Community Member

I've fallen victim to a Twitch donation dispute.  It all started on a live stream, a viewer we met in a game joined the stream and donated two sets of £5. Total £10. After a few hours, and after my wife and I spoke about the importance of Black Lives Matter and other similar topics, he decides to spout that "Rioters/looters should be killed". Ignorance, of course so we decide to go on an educational stance and explain why people are rioting, and why it's important to understand the message. And why a small portion of bad people in the Riots should not reflect on the rest of those peacefully protesting. After a combative argument where himself and another viewer label us as racists and "lefties", we decided to ban them because we were tired of calmly explaining why BLM is important.  Then I got a message threatening that if I don't refund the payment myself, he'll claim a dispute. And he did. A fraudulent dispute claiming that he didn't receive any product. There is no product to receive, it's a livestream and the donation pays for the entertainment at your own freedom. Obviously, I'm here because PayPal didn't read my counter claim to the dispute, clearly just read that there's no product, and have put the claim in their favour. I am victim to the abuse of the dispute system, thanks to PayPal's slacking team.  I can't appeal the dispute, as that would mean I would technically be saying there's a product to send, as the only two options are "Provide a Tracking Link" and "The buyer has already been refunded". There's nothing I can do except wait for PayPal to respond to my case. But in the meantime, what do I do?   

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.