Fees for cancelled orders

fiddleheads
Contributor
Contributor
Is Paypal going through their idiotic plan to refuse to refund fees for cancelled transactions? Because my business was hit hard by countless fake purchases a couple years ago and Paypal did NOTHING to help. I could go out of business if I were to be hit with more fake charges like this. Want to kill a business? Purchase lots of stuff then ask for a refund.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

Whole-heartedly agree there.

We see "unauthorized transaction" disputes daily, because of lax PayPal security and too many hacker accounts placing orders (which appear legit on our end because PayPal provides NO insights if the user is breeched). And guess what, every single one of those get sided in Buyers Favor, and the transaction fees KEPT by PayPal.

Even when we 'do the right thing' and preemptively refund in full to the user account, PayPal keeps the transaction fees.

So, when PayPal makes money either way, it means they have no reason to bother securing their user's accounts from all this mass fraud and unauthorized accesses.

However from a merchant standpoint, its a despicable business practice.

As such, our company has begun a "Phase out PayPal" plan. Initially urging new shoppers to not use PayPal without added delays to orders, then outright rejecting the use of PayPal for new shoppers. And finally removing all PayPal code from the storefront.

When it boils down to it, if you have other means of payment (direct Credit Card via PCI Compliance, ApplePay, AmazonPay), then people who want ot buy something WILL STILL BUY SOMETHING if PayPal does not exist.

Login to Me Too

fiddleheads
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with all you wrote, Frigidman. 

There is a petition I have been circulating (someone else set it up) and outside hoping Paypal will grow up and stop being so greedy.

That said, I am also phasing out use of this draconian company. If enough of us leave and TELL THEM WHY they may rethink the strategy. They won't change a thing if they don't feel the sting or even pain of losing a whack of merchants.

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-paypal-don-t-change-your-refund-policy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.