Charge Back Case

Rexotl
Contributor
Contributor

2 days ago, I was charged with not providing the service I was paid for. I completed the service within the 3 days the buyer ordered which took place on March 17th. I was confused about what to do when I received the email from PayPal as this was my first chargeback case, and the service was so long ago that I almost forgot completely about it. I was unable to provide enough proof. All I did was provide my P.O.V of the situation.

The buyer contacted me through discord and I was trying the conversation I had with the buyer with the Discord User he provided in the notes of the payment. Unfortunately, he changed his username as nothing came up when I searched up his username. The next night, I was able to dig up some information. I'm currently part of the support team for the server he contacted me through. I asked a server admin to help me find his unique Discord ID as admins can see the audit log and check when users join. He managed to find the Buyer as I provided an approximate time of when I made the transaction with the buyer. He joined the discord server 2 days before. With that, I managed to find the Buyer's new discord username and dig up the conversation him, but by the time I dug up the discord conversation which could be used as evidence of a successful transaction, the case closed ending with the Buyer's favor. The case says I can appeal with additional information, but every time I try to send the appeal, it brings me to a page saying:

PayPalError.JPG

With all that said, I now have the evidence for my appeal, but am unable to send the appeal. Is there anything I can do to resolve this closed case? I contacted the Buyer and this is what he said
DiscordDM8.JPG

I'm still anxiously waiting for a reply, and still confused about what I should do next...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rexotl 

Call customer service for assistance on appealing:

Click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.